CONTEST | APNEA C.W. | Jounieh
LEBANON WATER FESTIVAL FREEDIVING CUP 2018 | Four Star Hotel Jounieh
Welcome to the Lebanon Water Festival 2018 Freediving Cup. For this 7th edition, the LebWF apnea is opening all depth disciplines Constant Weight Mono (CWT Mono), Constant Weight (CWT), Constant Weight without Fins (CNF) and Free Immersion Apnea (FIM).
- CWT is a freediving discipline in which the freediver descends and ascends using his fins or monofin and/or with the use of his arms without pulling on the rope or changing his ballast; only a single hold of the rope to stop the descent and start the ascent is allowed. Constant weight is the common sportive depth discipline of freediving, because of the specific fins or monofins used in it. Constant weight is a discipline considered for international competitions.
- CFN is a freediving discipline in which the freediver descends and ascends by swimming without the use of fins or without pulling on the rope or changing his ballast; only a single hold of the rope to stop the descent and to start the ascent is allowed. Constant weight without fins is the depth discipline of freediving that is most challenging, because of the physical effort needed to swim without assistance.
- FIM is an AIDA International freediving discipline in which the freediver dives under water without the use of propulsion equipment, but only by pulling on the rope during descent and ascent.
Each participant will be allowed to compete in one only discipline and without the possibility to change after registration. The maximum depth of the competition for this year is limited to 70 meters.
Attendance at the technical meeting is mandatory for all divers. The meeting will take place at the Vanda Hotel.
Training will take place on Friday 14th of September and is exclusively reserved for participants in the competition.
Sunday 16 September, 2018
9:00 am: Meeting at Four Star Hotel, Ghazir as the dive will be out at sea. Late arrival is an immediate disqualification.
10:00 am: Official Starts
01:00 pm: Contest End
02:00 pm: Participants Lunch
4:00 pm: Award Ceremony at Four Star Hotel, Ghazir
All divers must declare depth and time.
Family members and public presence on site
– Four Star Hotel is a full resort with pools and restaurants.
– Family members and public can remain with participants before they embark to the competition, and can attend the award ceremony.
– Anyone that wishes to be part of the rotation public and media boat, will need to reserve a seat prior to the event. The deadline for seat reservation is on Monday, August 20th, by emailing : email@example.com – seats are limited.
– $25: includes training day, boat transportation and lunch on site.
– $25: includes competition day, boat transportation and lunch on site.
To confirm your participation payment must be done asap, places are limited. Lebanese applicants only may pay cash at Vanda Hotel, Maameltain. Contact person: Mrs Samira Haddad: +961 3 275 882.
In order to register to the contest, please read the International Apnea Rules and Regulations, and fill in the registration form below. There are two forms, one for International Divers and one for Lebanese Divers. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with all further details. If you have any further questions, kindly contact Mrs Annette Khoury: +961 70695562 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that registration must be done in advance in order to confirm your attendance.