CONTEST | FREEDIVING CUP 2018 | JOUNIEH
LEBANON WATER FESTIVAL FREEDIVING CUP 2018 |JOUNIEH
Welcome to the Lebanon Water Festival 2018 Freediving Cup. For this 7th edition, the following disciplines will be available:
1/ Constant Weight Mono (CWT Mono)
2/ Constant Weight (CWT)
3/ Constant Weight without Fins (CNF)
4/ Free Immersion Apnea (FIM).
- CWT is a freediving discipline in which the freediver descends and ascends using his fins or monofin and/or with the use of his arms without pulling on the rope or changing his ballast; only a single hold of the rope to stop the descent and start the ascent is allowed. Constant weight is the common sportive depth discipline of freediving, because of the specific fins or monofins used in it. Constant weight is a discipline considered for international competitions.
- CFN is a freediving discipline in which the freediver descends and ascends by swimming without the use of fins or without pulling on the rope or changing his ballast; only a single hold of the rope to stop the descent and to start the ascent is allowed. Constant weight without fins is the depth discipline of freediving that is most challenging, because of the physical effort needed to swim without assistance.
- FIM is an AIDA International freediving discipline in which the freediver dives under water without the use of propulsion equipment, but only by pulling on the rope during descent and ascent.
- Must register before September 2nd, 2018
- Can only enter one discipline 1/2/3/or 4/ and must decide at registration and without the possibility to change after registration
- Must declare depth at the technical meeting on the 14th of September, noting that maximum depth this year is 70 meters.
Attendance at the technical meeting is mandatory for all divers. The meeting will take place at Vanda Hotel in Jounieh.
Training should be scheduled with one of the schools listed below and official training day is Friday 19th October 2018
Saturday 20th of October is Official Rest Day
Sunday 21st October, 2018
7:30 am: Meeting at TBC as the dive will be out at sea. Late arrival is an immediate disqualification.
10:00 am: Official Starts
01:00 pm: Contest End
02:00 pm: Participants Lunch
4:00 pm: Award Ceremony at TBC
All divers must declare depth and time.
In order to register to the contest, please read the International Apnea Rules and Regulations, and fill in the registration form below. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with all further details. If you have any further questions, kindly contact Mrs Annette Khoury: +961 03 940990 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly with the following centers:
Freediving Lebanon: Rachid Zock tel 76786045 email@example.com
Apneas Ninjas Lebanon: Mohamad Ghali tel 03053957 mhdghali.O@gmail.com
Onesub ( freediving factory): Marwan Hariri tel 71220298 firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquadeep: Mohamad Ali Ibrahim tel 03050710 email@example.com
XTDiving Pro Lebanon: Maurice Abou Saad tel 03380636 firstname.lastname@example.org
Narcosis: Antoine Abou Jaoude tel 03436887 email@example.com
C-Club Scuba Diving Center: Antoine g. Dayekh tel 03345772 firstname.lastname@example.org
Aliens International Diving Academy: Ali Samir El Mokdad tel 03 798313 email@example.com
Sidon Diving Academy : Mohamed Sarji tel 03665489 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that registration must be done in advance in order to confirm your attendance.